Can I apply for a dream for my child?
We accept applications to help children and young people right from birth to the age of eighteen, and each application is assessed to ensure the child meets our medical criteria.
To qualify to apply for a Dream one of the following medical criteria must apply to the child;
- Confirmed diagnosis of a terminal condition
- Confirmed diagnosis of a degenerative life limiting condition such as Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy or Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Confirmed diagnosis of a serious life limiting condition such as Cystic Fibrosis or Cerebral Palsy
- Confirmed diagnosis of a combination of conditions that create a life limited situation such as Downs Syndrome with additional complications of a heart condition or similar
- Confirmed diagnosis of a condition requiring around the clock care such as Autism so severe that there is no verbal communication & whilst life expectancy may not be directly affected independent living is unlikely to ever be a possibility
Due to continuing increases in applications received, and the constraints of limited funding, Promise Dreams operates a “once only in a lifetime” policy for dream applications – ensuring we are able to make a difference to as many families as possible. Click here to find out more about our eligibility criteria.